Saturday, December 11, 2010

Far from Home


Tonight I feel the ache of the verses that describe leaving father and mother, homes and lands for the sake of the gospel. Far away from family while they celebrate a milestone in life, I must send my greetings, not speak them in person. I must imagine the party, the laughter, the joy.
This is the cost, this is the result of putting father and mother aside for the sake of the gospel. Never before has it been this real to me. And so I will choose to believe the words: "He that finds his life shall lose it: and he that loses his life for my sake shall find it." And: " And every one that has forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." Both passages from the book of Matthew and both remind me that no matter how difficult or sad, this is not the end, I am not missing the best celebration, the real one. Now it is sad, by faith I look forward to the joy to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment