Sunday, January 2, 2011

Singing into Eternity


Timelessness


How will eternity feel? What will existence be when ”now” is all we know? Before and after will have no place. Age will not be a factor, because age is a function of time. What will eternity be like? This morning, I had a preview, a “taste” as I sang in church. I do not even remember the song, and it is not important, because as I stood, eyes closed, singing praises to the God of the whole of existence, it was only now...only He and I, no hurry, no effects of time on my mind or body; He and I, only that. And until it was over, I hadn’t been consciously aware of it. As the song was ending, I returned to the realm of here and of now. A brand new experience, one I have never had, may never have again; what a gift from the Father. Like getting a glimpse from a distance of the light of home, left on for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment